Luther's Approach to Enterprise Processes
Enterprise processes cut across different functions and teams within the organization. These processes are spread out throughout the organization, which leads to different steps of the processes being run and executed by different functions and teams. Over time, those functions and teams fall out of sync.
Consequently, this leads to:
- huge efforts required for reconciliation
- increased processing times
- higher operational costs
The root cause of this problem is that enterprises often focus on the optimal functionality of a single function within an enterprise (eg. finance or HR) rather than the optimal functionality of the process which could traverse multiple functions within the enterprise (eg. the insurance claims process).
To overcome this problem, enterprise processes need to be connected-by-design where the process is built and run on smart contracts. Smart contracts allow enterprises to focus on the smooth-running of the process as a whole rather than the point to point connections between different parts of the process.
What we learnt was that most enterprise processes can be abstracted into common functions. For instance:
- the creation of a standard document
- sending data to an external source
- triggering and confirming the receipt of a payment
Based on these 2 ideas, we developed a platform which we envision as the Enterprise Operating System of the future which we call LEIA, the Luther Enterprise Infrastructure Architecture platform. The platform provides (i) the operating rails for automating enterprise processes as well as (ii) the development tools required for developers within enterprises to rapidly develop automated complex processes.
The operating system uses smart contracts to provide the operating rails for automating complex processes. This has resulted in:
- 80% improvement in processing time;
- 40-60% reduction in FTE workload;
- Over 50% cost reduction;
- 95% faster response time;
- rapid process updates with very limited downtime; and
- rapidly scalable and repeatable infrastructure.
In addition, we provide the development tools to our clients for building automated processes. Our product provides the standard tools for the rapid development of automated complex processes. This results in:
- 2.5X faster application development
- 7X less code
- 3X fewer bugs
Our platform is built on 3 layers and each layer contains a different set of modules with different functionalities which enterprises would be able to use to configure and run their process.
- Application modules - Microservices that interface and connect with external sources and provide data to the blockchain network
- Platform modules - libraries that enable the execution of application-specific business logic across the blockchain network
- Infrastructure modules - tools and configuration that allow us to deploy new blockchain networks, perform maintenance and updates, and provide monitoring and reporting dashboards for network performance and health
Through our platform we are able to address the aforementioned problem of enterprise fragmentation, resulting in considerable efficiency gains and a significant reduction in delays and reconciliation efforts.
Various applications can be developed on top of our platform. Some examples of what we have developed for our clients include:
International Claims Settlement
- We enabled the development of an international car insurance claims settlement system that standardises and automates the process and allows the multiple involved entities to settle claims amongst themselves
Mortgage Sourcing Application Journey Across the Provider Network
- We enabled the creation of an automated mortgage and insurance sourcing process with built in automated compliance checking and verification, as well as KYC, AML, credit checks, that allowed the customer to save millions on compliance
Security Aware Inventory Management
- We built a Security Aware Inventory Management system that colates element inventory data from across multiple regions, giving our customer not only a unified view of the health and status of each device in the ecosystem, but also the ability to create data access rules automatically executed by smart contracts
Global Customer Profile Across Jurisdictions
- We enabled the development of a Global Customer Profile which allows the unification of shared customer profiles and data across multiple jurisdictions without sharing any private data across jurisdictions
Digital Asset Issuance and Transference Compliance Enforcement
- We developed an engine to digitize the issuance and automate compliance checking of various financial assets
For more details on our platform stay tuned for our next blogpost where we do a deep dive into how it works!